I'll be honest with y'all. When I got a request for bread salad I had two thoughts:
- What the *beep* is bread salad?
- I now need bread salad.
After sleuthing around a little bit, I discovered that I do in fact need bread salad, also known as Panzanella, and that I'm guessing you might also. I paired it with another new recipe for Green Goodness Chicken and it was the perfect match! Lots of veggies, good protein, and some healthy fats of course. This one was a big hit at our house and I hope you'll love it just as much!
- If you are a using a loaf of Legit Bread which is already baked, just cube and then toast as follows. If you are baking a loaf, you'll want to follow the directions on the mix bag and then allow it to cool slightly before cubing.
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Once cubed, place the bread on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is slightly crisped
- While the bread bakes, you can combine the remaining ingredients and toss them with the oil, salt, and pepper
- Next remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool for just a moment before tossing it into the salad mixture
- Serve as a side or as a main course during warm months