Tis the season for all things warming and spiced just right. These bagels are made with molasses and winter spices for a gingerbread bagel that's hard to pass up! And as always, Legit Bagel mix has no grain, gluten, dairy, or nuts and does not require eggs either!
For this recipe, you'll need one bag of Legit Bagel Mix and a few extras including:
- 1/2 cup water plus 3 more tablespoons
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 packet fast acting yeast
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 425 and bring 8 cups of water to boil
- Warm the water, molasses and maple syrup until it reads around 100F degrees and then mix your yeast in, letting it rest for around 5-8 minutes or until it foams and "blooms"
- If your yeast does not bloom, toss the mixture and start again, the water may have been too hot/cold or the yeast may have been dead
- While your yeast blooms, add the remaining spices into a mixing bowl with your dried Legit Bagel mix. Stir to combine and then pour in the yeast mixture once it's bloomed.
- Now finish combining by hand and shape your bagels as indicated on the packaging then drop them into the boiling water and allow them to boil until they float
- Once they've floated for a few minutes, remove them with a slotted spoon and transfer them to a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove and allow to cool. Slice after 30 minutes and toast. Serve with your favorite bagel fixings